Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Another year down in the teaching log. For those who are keeping track, because I know you stay glued to your computer just waiting for the next update, I have now completed three years in the teaching world. Year four is swiftly approaching. I am so not ready for it.

The best parts of summer are a few things.

The first is my birthday. I always pretend that I'm annoyed by turning another year older, but the truth is I love birthdays. I'm always a little sad that birthdays aren't really celebrated when one gets older though. I kind of wish I could have a kick butt birthday party where everyone shows up and actually has a good time.

I stress the good time part simply because the last time Sean and I hosted a party at our house, it seemed awkward. Apparently you need to be gifted in the party throwing realm and we, alas, are not. My neighbors are awesome party throwers. I tried to follow their style, but I still lacked the panache. It's actually depressing, and so I don't throw parties. Ever.

You know it's sad when you would like to throw a party and you actually look up HOW to do it well. Perhaps I'll figure it out some day.

But, I digress. The second best part about Summer is vacation time. This year we are doing things a little differently. We are going camping on the beach this summer. Hopefully, that tropical something or another out in the Atlantic will stay away for the time being. We plan to camp, swim, eat, and have fun for three days on the beach. After that Sean and I will drop the children with my parents for four wonderful days of NOTHING!!!! I'm so excited about it. I can't wait to just relax. I rarely have that opportunity. The only drawback is that I am still in graduate school and I will still have to work on that, but other than that, all will be well.

So, what about you? What are your favorite parts of summer? Yes, I am assuming you have favorite parts of summer.

No comments: