Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Another Year Bites the Dust

Here it is, December 29th. Nearly time for the new year to be received. It is always astounding how quickly the year flys by, but still seems to take so long.

As per usual, I find the year's end to be filled with both joy and frustration. I'm thrilled that we all survived another year and have become as close as a family can. I love my husband and children so much that I can't imagine not having them in my life. I'm thrilled that I'm on break from teaching, because if I weren't, I'd probably strangle all of the 8th graders in the school! (kidding, of course).

I'm frustrated, though, because I feel as though I don't have enough time to get things in order like I want. Don't ask me what I mean, I don't even know what I mean. I think it's one of those "I'll know it when I see it" types of things.

Sean and I have slacked something terrible on our workout schedule since JUNE! ACK! So we have decided that we are going to really try hard to get back into a good shape, as round isn't what we are going for. My weight isn't the issue, it's the BMI index that I find upsetting. I'm not fat, but I am squishy. Squishy is not something I want to be, so we are going to work hard and get back to where we were six months ago. I know we will look great in the next six months! Just in time for swimsuits! I would also like to point out that this is NOT a resolution. I don't do those. This is more than that. It's a life altering change for the better, and it's necessary.

So, once again, I intend to keep up better with my blog. I'm certain that anyone who has read me for any period of time will know that I am not a writer, though I fancy myself one. I like to pretend that people are interested enough in me to read through what I write on occasion, so comments every once in a while are nice. If you are a lurker, please feel free to say hello!

Happy New Year!

No comments: